Thursday, March 31, 2005

An Open Letter to the Unnamed Person or Persons Who Have Been Repeatedly Threatening Me as a Result of My Recent Coverage of Dr. Andrew Weil

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Dear Vali,

If you had read bad-science.blogspot.com's mission statement (forthcoming), you would know that we are not here to pander to overexposed Hollywood celebrities like Dr. Weil and the editors of the Cleveland Clinic Men's Health Advisor. We are here to superficially monitor medical journals, pick out the parts we like, relay them to our readership entirely free of context, and then comment on them in a way that betrays our ignorance of most or all subjects. So I'm sorry if the brutally honest picture I portray of Dr. Weil as a charlatan and a gentleman-thief does not conform to the idealized version you have constructed of him as a non-crazy person and one of history's great lovers. And if you aren't willing to ask the tough questions, step aside, because there are people who are. I leave you with one such question, sent in to the recent issue of Dr. Weil's newsletter by a conscientious citizen whistleblower:

"Should women who are menstruating not do inverted yoga poses? Is downward dog an inverted pose?"
Comments:
Just checking out blogs, and thought I would stop and read yours since we have some of the same interests and ideas. Some ideas are a little much and some are right on. I am glad I stopped by just to say hi I hope you don't mind. Some people consider it spam I DON'T but if they don't want people to post why do they leave it open for the world to see. I have some great wedding information and articles available for free around 2000 savings ideas so stop on in if you want... I also have some of the most informative sites on yoga and baby gifts and baby showers. Hope you enjoy. Thank you.plus size yoga clothing

plus size yoga clothing
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?